Thursday, May 5, 2011

Valpark Chinese Restaurant

On Thursday 28th April I placed and order to pick up at Valpark Chinese Restaurant. I went into the restaurant and there was no, "Can I help you?" or "Are you getting through?" So I sucked it up and just told one of the waitresses what I was there for. She checked a bag that I suppose had my order and told me there were still a few items being prepared so I had to wait about 15 minutes. I said fine and went to browse around downstairs.

Upon my return to the restaurant I was promptly ignored. No one even made eye contact. And I was at the counter. A woman who I would assume is a manager because she was not in uniform but in business wear was busy chatting away and laughing with a customer about her children, another waitress was writing something, the one who I previously spoke with was just walking around totally oblivious. I. was. livid. Then my husband joined me upstairs, took one look at my face, and knew I was upset. Finally, the cashier looked up at me and asked if I was getting through to which I sternly replied, "No."

Needless to say I was eventually taken care of, I shook my head in frustration, grudgingly paid my bill, took my food and left vowing that was the end of that relationship for me.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It's just beyond ridiculous what passes for customer service in this country! At every level of society.

    ReplyDelete